Castlereagh DPP was established under the Police (Northern Ireland) Act 2000 to encourage community involvement in policing and to enhance local police accountability. Castlereagh DPP exists to:
- Identify local policing issues
- Establish policing priorities for the local policing plan in conjunction with the District Commander for Castlereagh
- Monitor police performance against the policing plan
- Gain the co-operation of the public with the police in preventing crime
- Act as a general forum for discussion on matters affecting the policing of the Borough
(pdf 185 KB)
These duties are carried out through a series of public meetings, consultation forums, surveys of the local community, regular meetings and workshops with a range of groups active in the Borough and by working in partnership with other agencies to address issues of crime prevention and community safety. Details of the role and function of the Castlereagh DPP are given in the DPP Code of Practice.